*Must be an active member of Retail Council of Canada
*Non-member price : $59.00
The FoodWise Food Safety Certification Program provides grocery retail staff with a better understanding of the factors that influence food safety. The purpose of the program is to provide staff with the science behind the procedures that keep food safe.
The FoodWise Food Safety Certification Program was developed for and continues to be used by the retail food industry for the certification of owner-operators, store managers, department managers and other key retail employees. The program provides employee training programs that include temperature control, food handling practices, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, etc.
- Food Safety in the Retail Industry
- Regulatory Authority and Government Agencies
- Foodborne Illness & Injury
- Properties of Food (PHFs vs non-PHFs)
- Allergen Awareness
- Premises, Equipment, Water and Waste Management
- Housekeeping vs Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Pests and Pest Control
- Personnel - Health and Hygiene
- HACCP vs HACCP-based
- Good Food Handling Practices - Total Store